14 Random Movie Facts You Need to Know
Buzzfeed.com put out a list of “31 Movie Facts You Need to Know.” The list is in a video though…so here are 14 highlights:
1. John Travolta and Uma Thurman’s dance in “Pulp Fiction” is the same as the one in the 1963 Federico Fellini classic “8 1/2″ between the characters Gloria and Mario.
2. Clint Eastwood wore the same poncho through the “Man with No Name” trilogy without ever cleaning it…“A Fistful of Dollars”, “For a Few Dollars More” and “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”.
3. Christopher Lee…who played Saruman in the “Lord of the Rings” movies…is the only member of the cast and crew to have ever met the books’ author, J.R.R. Tolkien.
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s $15 million salary for “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” breaks down to $21,429 per word. So the line “Hasta La Vista, Baby” earned him $85,716.
5. All the animals in “The Matrix” are computer-generated.
6. Anthony Hopkins is only on-screen for 16 minutes in “The Silence of the Lambs”. The movie is just under two hours long…and he won Best Actor for it.
7. Neil Patrick Harris was considered for the role of Private Ryan in “Saving Private Ryan”. But the part went to Matt Damon.
8. Paula Abdul choreographed the cheerleaders’ dance routine in “American Beauty”.
9. In “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”, the knights run around clapping coconuts together to make it sound like they’re riding horses…but only because they couldn’t afford ACTUAL horses.
10. “Psycho” was the first American movie to show a toilet flushing.
11. The name The Beatles was never once mentioned in their movie, “A Hard Day’s Night”…even though the original working titles of the movie were first “The Beatles” and then “Beatlemania.”
12. Ron Jeremy has a cameo in “Ghostbusters”. He’s in the crowd outside their headquarters when the containment unit explodes, and all the ghosts get out.
13. The run-time of “Titanic” is three hours and 14 minutes…the exact time it took the actual ship to sink.
14. “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” was the favorite film of Adolf Hitler.
Here’s the full video, with all 31 random movie facts: