Cooking with Rach – Cheesy Chicken Southwest Pasta Casserole!
Its Wednesday and you know what that means…Its time for another recipe I tried out!
Last night I cooked up a mean dinner…well it was actually pretty nice! So of course I had to do another pasta recipe!
Now this one took longer than what I thought it would…I’m pretty sure it was because I had to cut a lot of ingredients.
So here it is everybody…the dinner I made last night!
Cheesy Chicken Southwest Pasta Casserole:
- 1 Box of Pasta (spiral is what I used)
- 1 ½ cans of corn
- Half a bag of chips (any kind you want)
- 1 ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- A quarter of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 cups of rotisserie chicken
- 5 tablespoons of butter
Serves 6-8 people
- Cook Pasta half the time it says to and don’t forget to add some salt so it doesn’t stick to the pan. (I usually cook it for 8 min so I went for 4 min)
- While the pasta is cooking, start by chopping the bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and set aside in a bowl with the 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In the same pan you cooked the pasta in put the remaining butter 4 tablespoons into the pan and then add your chopped ingredients as well as the 1 ½ cans of corn.(I added some onion, I’m not a big fan of onion so I just added a some not all of it…its just up to you)
- Let that cook for 2 min, then you need to throw in that same pan the chicken broth, heavy cream, cheeses, and chicken. Turn the heat up so the sauce will thicken and while its cooking add salt and pepper. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- When that is thickened add pasta and the ingredients you added together into a cooking pan that you can put in the oven.
- Now when you pour it all together, add a little sauce then some pasta, and the crumble chips and just keep doing it like that until it is all in the pan.(when I poured all my ingredients together I sprinkled more cheese on top of it all)
- Put the oven on 350 degrees and cook for 20-25 min, or just until bubbly.
- Now its time to enjoy!