Elton John "Doing Well" After Being Hospitalized
Earlier this week, Elton John was hospitalized for a serious respiratory infection that caused him to cancel four performances of his ‘Million Dollar Piano’ show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. However, a spokesperson has said that the 65-year old singer is on the road to recovery.
According to ET Online, John is “at home and doing well” after his brief stay at Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Hospital, where he was prescribed antibiotics and “complete rest.” Despite the setback, John is expected to begin a European tour Friday (June 1), which will run through mid-July, as planned. He will return to the United States in September for several dates in the South.
“It feels strange not to be able to perform these ‘Million Dollar Piano’ concerts at the Colosseum,” John said in a statement. “I love performing the show and I will be thrilled when we return to the Colosseum in October to complete the 11 concerts…All I can say to the fans is, ‘Sorry I can’t be with you. I hope to see you soon at this wonderful theatre at Caesars Palace.’”
This fall, John will release a new album, ’The Diving Board,’ which he claims is “the most exciting solo record I’ve done in a long, long time.”